Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Divorce


Can I discuss my situation in a consultaion with another lawyer? I am thinking my lawyer isn't very helpful.I'm thinking the answer should be yes. But one lawyer said they couldnt talk with me if I already had a lawayer. I would think that a person has the right to change their mind?

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country

You stated you have an INJURY lawyer, so if this is the case YES you can talk to a family law attorney: However, if you have a Family Attorney then what was stated is correct: You must dismiss/fire your first lawyer before you go to another one.

Hope this helps,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Laatsch


WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...


Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree

©2017 All rights reserved.