Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Divorced but no certificate or letter of conformation from Courts yet?

Question
QUESTION: Hi, My ex-wife filed for divorce over 18 months ago. I received the Divorce papers from the Court over 18 months ago. I accepted the Divorced due to 5 year separation and signed on the dotted line an sent back the divorce papers.

I have still not had any confirmation from the Courts if we are officially divorced or not.

I want to write a letter to the courts regarding this matter. How do I word it?

Please advise.
Thank you.

ANSWER: Craig:
DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

Usually it is six months grace period: You can contact the County Court Office to determine if your case has been completed, and filed: You can also pick up copies of the final order.

What State/County was your case heard in?  Send me the information, and I will try to get you where to send a letter, and what to say, OK.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

QUESTION: Hi Jeff, Many thanks for the response. My case was heard in London, UK. Any ideas how and what to say? Would you be able to provide me written sample please?
Thanks.

Answer
Craig,

Thanks for writing back: However, this will take a bit of time because I am not familiar with UK laws or court system: I do have a friend who is and is living in UK now so I will contact them and make an inquiry.

Let me do some research and get back to you asap.

Hope this helps
Jeff  

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch