You are here:

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/I want a divorce but can't find husbands location


I was married 15 years ago we were married under a year my husband abandon me I have no idea how to contact him or any of his family to file for a divorce it has been 15 years and I want a divorce how do I go about doing this the legal way if I have no way of contacting him. I live in the state of Missouri

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

Contact a Professional Attorney who works with family law in your area: You can post your case in a local news paper for a period of time: If ex doesn't respond then you can move forward.  However, this does vary from county to county so talk to professional Attorney before doing anything else in your case, ok.

Hope this helps

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Laatsch


WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...


Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree

©2017 All rights reserved.