Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Can child support be enforced in Belgium yes or no?

Can child support be enforced in Belgium yes or no? A man tells a women in Michigan that she will not get a dime of child support from the father if she is not willing to abide by Belgium paternity, child custody and child support laws. This is because she will not get a dime of child support unless she asks the courts in Belgium to enforce this. The mother can speak to the father Belgium lawyer to try and reach settlement. The father
says that he does not have to abide by United States child support laws while he is in Belgium. He also cannot be extradited to the United States under Belgium law. The father is a citizen of Belgium and the United States.

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

This is not a 'yes' or 'no' question: Depends on Belgium's treaty agreement with the USA, and what State: The USA has an international treaty under which the United States and other nations enforce child-support orders for one another. However, it is by a State by State case so that Federal monies are matched.

Hope this helps,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch

WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...

Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree