Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Can child support be enforced in Belgium yes or no?

Question
Can child support be enforced in Belgium yes or no? A man tells a women in Michigan that she will not get a dime of child support from the father if she is not willing to abide by Belgium paternity, child custody and child support laws. This is because she will not get a dime of child support unless she asks the courts in Belgium to enforce this. The mother can speak to the father Belgium lawyer to try and reach settlement. The father
says that he does not have to abide by United States child support laws while he is in Belgium. He also cannot be extradited to the United States under Belgium law. The father is a citizen of Belgium and the United States.

Answer
DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

This is not a 'yes' or 'no' question: Depends on Belgium's treaty agreement with the USA, and what State: The USA has an international treaty under which the United States and other nations enforce child-support orders for one another. However, it is by a State by State case so that Federal monies are matched.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch