You are here:

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Can a judge in California make a mother give birth in California


Can a judge in California make a mother give birth in California, yes or no? The judge knows the mother intends to give birth in the Bahamas if he lets her, because she does not want the courts in California to have jurisdiction over her child. The father filed a paternity suit against a pregnant woman in California.

DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

I believe the mother make the ultimate decision where she wants to give birth, sorry.  Part of her right as the Mom.  I could be wrong but check with a Family Attorney for a clear answer.

Hope this helps,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Jeff Laatsch


WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...


Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree

©2017 All rights reserved.