Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)/Divorce Hearing?

Hi. I recently filed for an uncontested divorce and right now there is an official public notice (publication). My question is, do I have to be present at the final divorce hearing? Can my attorney represent me without me being there?

I ask this because I often have a hard time getting time off from work. Thank you very much.

Miss Wilson,
DISCLAIMER:  I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY: I am someone with experience with Family law matters, and can give some directions of what I would do but these are my opinions: I strongly recommend that you get an ATTORNEY who specializes in family law in your immediate county/country.

This is a good question, and the answer is:

1. Do I have to be present at the final divorce hearing?    YES because you are not contesting
the divorce the judge would like to see you present to ensure that you understand what you have stated, uncontested Divorce.

2. Do I have to be present at the final divorce hearing?  YES, however, not advisable.

I recommend that you take the time to get this resolved by amicable means, and ensure it is finalized to your needs: Your employer will understand.  The judge will want to see you present because then he can finalize the decree ensuring that both parties understand what they have agreed too. However, I recommend that you speak to your Attorney as a final decision of what to do in this case since he is the expert.

Kind Regards,

Family Law (Divorce, Family Relations)

Jeff Laatsch

WA Law with respect to family court issues: order to show cause/notice of motions, establishing or modification of an order, custody, visitation, child support, parenting schedules, mediation, preparations and filings of all documents: International relocation experience: Create a win/win/win situation between Mom-Children-Dad...

Self taught and experience with working with various Court Clerks.

Masters Degree