Family Relations/Granddaughter living with me

My granddaughter, age 42, has been living with me for 2 weeks because she and her 3 children and gentleman friend were evicted. 3rd time in her life evicted. Very bad credit. Father, my son, and step-mother have taken children in until she finds a place to live  which will be impossible because of past history. I am 83  yrs. old and the rest of my family, and myself also would like to know if there is a legal form stating that she must vacate my home upon my death. I love her dearly, but really feel this is necessary or she will stay permanently.

Hi, Joannightingale, thanks for your question. You asked, "if there is a legal form stating that she must vacate my home upon my death." This is a legal question, only a licensed attorney can answer, but I believe it is called a "last will and testament".

Family Relations

Bruce Borkosky, Psy.D.

questions framed similarly to 'what are some ways to respond when someone does/says X' are best. Questions posed in the form of 'why does my father do/say Y', or 'how would you diagnose my mother when she does/says Z' are difficult, if not impossible, to answer. I will probably reframe your question to fit the first question (what do I do). Nay question regarding any family member is fair game. Some of the most difficult are in the area of step-parenting and divorcing families.

I've been a licensed psychologist in Florida since 1994. I've evaluated and/or treated thousands of patients.

American Psychological Association Florida Psychological association National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology

Psy.D., Miami Institute of Psychology, 1993 M.CS., U. of Dayton, 1984 B.A., Ohio Wesleyan U., 1978

Award for Years of Dedicated Service, Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society, 1999