Family Relations/Possible Interview

Question
QUESTION: Hi,
I'm a freelance journalist and I'm looking for experts to interview for an article that I'm pitching to Vibrant Life Magazine. The article is about the new study (linked below) that is about the stability of children with married parents. If you'd be willing to let me ask you a few questions, I'd appreciate it a lot! Just let me know.

http://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/culture/matter-childrens-parents-

Thanks so much,
Rachael

ANSWER: You are welcome.  

QUESTION: Here are my questions.

1) According to the study (linked below), “The share of births to unmarried women in the United States has almost doubled over the last 25 years, going from 22% of births in 1985 to 41% in 2010.” Why do you think this is?
2) How important do you think the role of marriage is in raising children?
3) Cohabiting has become more common instead of marriage over the years. Do you think the institution of marriage has lost its importance and traditional meaning because of this?
4) Couples seem to be having children first and getting married after because there’s no pressure to get married first. Do you think that this is a problem?
5) Any particular way that a married couple could provide stability for a child better than an unmarried couple could?

Thank you for taking the time to anwser,
Rachael

Answer
Ans: This is so because of socio economic condition of the women.

Ans: The role of marriage in raising children is very important. Marriage gives more stability and all the more it eases undue pressure on the parents and also assures children in particular.

Ans: The institution of marriage has not lost its importance and the traditional meaning. Had it been the case then instability and the undue pressure would not have been more in unmarried couples compared to their married counterparts. The marriage also gives a psychological assurance among women and children in particular.

Ans: In future it may create problems as zero level of pressure would underestimate the value of marriage. The presure of getting marriage and later the responsibility of marriage helps in raising childeren. Children of a married couple have less likely to have problems which the children of seperated couple may face. All the more, getting seperated is less likely to happen in married couples compared to unmarried couples.

Ans: A sense of responsibility and establishment of deep emotional attachment will do so.

Family Relations

Shashank Shekhar Pandey