Farriers/laminitis

Question
i have a horse that has laminitis since may 2012. he is in rocker shoes and in decmember he lost him shoes and do to the holidays he went with out for a week on hoof stayed good the other moved. should he be stable by now after being correctively shoed for that amount of time just wanting another opinan i would appericate up thought thanks

Answer
HELLO BRAD...THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION...

Sorry I'm a couple days late, have been working out-of-state.

You state "laminitis" inflammation of the lamina. Sounds like you have taken great care
or losing shoe/shoes WOULD be a wreck!!

IF the horse hadn't foundered or rotated, in either hoof; I would recommend having #2#
lateral radiographs taken for "your piece of mind". You could then decide in a
inexpensive manner on whether to keep front shoes on or leave barefoot.

You mentioned the shoes had rocker toes# to help in breakover & comfort#, You didn't say if they were standard shoes, bar-shoes etc. ??

Always keep things simple...You can ALWAYS have "bells & whistles later !!!

Best to You !!

Joepaul Meyers,C.J.F.  

Farriers

Joepaul Meyers,C.J.F.