Farriers/flat feet - great turf runners

Question
hello sir, are flat foot horses great runners on turf? actually, a racehorse trainer told me.

Answer
Hello Rohit,

I can't see why a flat hoof horse would be a better runner than a horse with an ideally shaped hoof. The ideal hoof would function better than the flat hoof and should be better for running. There are also many other factors that go into the speed of a race horse and they have nothing to do with the shape of the horse's hoof. In short I would say that there is no scientific support behind what the trainer told you.

Paul

Farriers

Paul Roberson