Farriers/wedge shoes on horses

Question
wedge shoe
wedge shoe  
hello sir, may i know when to use wedge shoes on horses?

Answer
HELLO ROHIT...THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION...

That is a "$50.00 question"!!! Many veterinarians believe that elevating the hoof capsule
will relieve "many problems". As far as the flexor tendons, it may give relief as one benefit, one must keep in mind  that when you elevate the hoof capsule, the fetlock will fall and
can cause more strain on both tendons and the suspensory ligament.

Many feel by temporary lifting the angle ( especially horses with low heels)that the horse will grow heel and help with the discomfort the horse may be experiencing.
Generally, because of MORE COMPRESSION on the heels, the heels will only compress more !!

I will use a wedge" only as a temporary relief for say 3/4/weeks and then shift to another treatment.

Best To You !!
Joepaul Meyers,C.J.F.  

Farriers

Joepaul Meyers,C.J.F.