Farriers/clorox bleach for Thrush

Question
Hi sir. Does clorox bleach serves the best treating a horse suffering from Thrush especially on the hind feet?

Answer
Hello Roberts,

NEVER, NEVER use straight bleach on a horse's body anywhere. One ounce of bleach in a gallon of water is sufficient to do the job. It does not matter if the thrush is on the front or hind hooves. You will get the same result. No one remedy is the best. You should be open to trying a variety of treatments. Sometimes the bleach solution will work and sometimes it wont. The most helpful solution is to remove the horse from the environment that is helping to create the thrush. Good hygiene will go a long way to helping treat and prevent thrush. Get the horse into a dry, relatively manure free pasture and clean his stall at least daily.

Good luck,
Paul  

Farriers

Paul Roberson