Fashion Tips/Small bust, slim waist, big calves

Question
Hello, I have struggled for some time to find the perfect casual and business clothes combination. I have an unusual body build, with relatively wide shoulders, small bust, slim waist, wide hips and thighs, big calves.
Maybe you can help me? Here are my measures:
shoulders 98 cm
breast 83
chest 76
waist 75
hip 100
calf 39!!!

I need to dress in skirts, dresses... I have so far tried to wear long trousers with blazers but with my new company, this is just impossible. There are plenty of occasions here for which trousers with blazers aren't suitable. Actually the trousers are what is not suitable. That's the trouble I get for being promoted!

Answer
Hi Vicky Anna,

Contrary to what you may believe, a lot of woman would love to have your body shape. It sounds to me like you have an hourglass figure. However, no matter what body shape you have, it's no use if you don't know how to dress to make you look your best.

There are four main body types, however the suggestions for the hourglass pertain to you:

Triangle: Smaller on top than the bottom; pear shaped
Inverted Triangle: Shoulders broader than hips, flat rear
Rectangle: Very few curves, body is straight up and down, head appears large for body
Hourglass: Hourglass curves with a definite waist

Fitting to the Four Main Body Types:

Triangle: Emphasize shoulders to visually proportion top half with bottom
Inverted Triangle: Highlight bottom portion of body to match broad top
Rectangle: Emphasize arms and legs. Body type is boyish in appearance.
Hourglass: Emphasize waistlines and make sure clothes hug clothes, but not too tight

Three Additional Body Types

Apple: Full bust and midsection; great breasts and lower legs
Diamond: Wide shoulders, narrow hips, large busts, great legs
Half-pint: Based more on stature than weight gain. Short stature with a petite frame, and can be found in any body type.

Types of jeans for body types:
Triangle: Smaller on top than the bottom; pear shaped-Skinny Jeans, Straight legged jeans to give hourglass effect.
Inverted Triangle: Shoulders broader than hips, flat rear-Boot legged to balance out broad shoulders.
Rectangle: Very few curves, body is straight up and down, head appears large for body-Boot legged to balance out large head and to add some curves.
Hourglass: Hourglass curves with a definite waist-Can wear any cut.

Types of blouses for body types:
Triangle: Smaller on top than the bottom; pear shaped-Shirts with detailing around the neckline and shoulders (ruffles, shoulder pads, etc.) to balance out body shape & give an hourglass effect.
Inverted Triangle: Shoulders broader than hips, flat rear-Shirts with vertical pleating to make upper body look more slender. Fitting shirts that are loose towards the hem will do. Accentuate waist with belt.
Rectangle: Very few curves, body is straight up and down, head appears large for body- Shirt with both ruffles, padding, fitting and loose at the hem paired with a waist belt to give the effect of having a waist for an hourglass figure.
Hourglass: Hourglass curves with a definite waist-Can wear any style.

Hope this helped and congratulations on getting promoted!!

Aliti Fashions

Fashion Tips

Aliti Fashions