Fashion Tips/Pantyhose and Skirts

Question
Hello,

I love wearing skirts to work, I find them much more comfortable than trousers. On most work days, that means pencil skirts. In cold weather like this (I live in northern Indiana), panty hose or tights are a must. However, the skirts always ride up at the waist when I wear panty hose, and I am constantly pulling them down. It is uncomfortable to say the least; I end up with a skirt around my ribs! It is also a little embarrassing. As I walk, my skirt comes farther and farther up, until I look like I'm wearing a mini skirt.

Any advice on how to keep my skirt in its place? It isn't the front of the skirt clinging to the panty hose, although I have one skirt that does that too. The whole skirt rides up from the waistband.

Thanks!

Cate

Answer
I have a couple of suggestions:

Wear a slip or undergarment that is made from a slippery material. Spanx has some slips and undergarments with a high waist.  Not only do they tuck your tummy and tush, they get rid of pantie lines too!  I'm sure there are other companies that have high waisted undergarments too if Spanx does not work for you.

Buy lined skirts.

Make sure the skirts are fitting you properly with tights when you purchase.  I suggest you shop with tights or hose on every time you go shopping for skirts.

If you want to see some other skirt options for your body type, please visit my website www.mystylerules.com.  You can create a 3D model of yourself and virtually 'try on' different options.  It's free!

Hope this helps,
Suzette

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare