Fashion Tips/Evening gown

I am attending a formal dinner party which is a black tie event. I was wondering what gown to wear. I already have a backless black gown similar to this: Also please advice me on what underwear to wear with that dress to avoid a visible panty line. And do I have to go braless with a backless dress? My bra size is 36D.

What is the event you are going to?  If it is a business event, that dress may be too low in the back to be appropriate.  

If it is appropriate to wear a dress with a low back, you will do best with either silicone petals to cover your nipples or an adhesive bra.  Adhesive bras work better with smaller cup sizes, but may work for you.  I would test in advance of the event.

As to underwear, your best bet is to find underwear made of ultra-thin microfibers.  You can find these in most lingerie stores or finer department stores.

Good luck and have fun!

PS>  For more tips, please visit my website

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare

I have a website called The site allows a woman to enter a few basic measurements and create a virtual (3D) model of their body. The purpose of the site is to give them visual information as to what is right and not right for their body type. I can answer any questions pertaining to body type, style, color analysis, and what is right for each body type.

I have been a costume designer for over 25 years. I am credited as a designer in over 150 shows, including film, gaming, and theater. As I grew in my craft, I discovered that I had an eye for what type of garment is good for the female body, how each body type looks different the same garment, and how easy it is to create 'rules' to follow to always look as pulled together as possible while maintaining an individual sense of style.

High school graduate Private classes in: Make-up, wig design, sewing, pattern making, cutting, millinery, design, rendering, and fabric enhancement.

Nominate seven times for the prestigious Carbonell Award in South Florida as best costume designer. Winner of one Carbonell Award.