Fashion Tips/heavy morther of the bride

Question
I'm not exactly heavy-- more like plump at 5'4" and 150 lbs. I hate my upper arms and ALWAYS cover them. Clingy fashions really turn me off, on heavy women, and I absolutely do not want to go that route.

Short, thick waist, and jiggly bits, smallish bust. I want to look like what I am: a conservative, mature lady whose gorgeous daughter is getting married in a garden in September-- and try to do it without frightening the cattle and making folks faint.

Need style help bad!

Answer
Lace dress
Lace dress  

Long dress with fitted jacket
Long dress with fitted  
I apologize for the delayed response.  I love your sense of humor and think you are probably a fun lady, so I would suggest that, although you are conservative, you don't try to hide your personality with your choice for your daughter's wedding.

Dresses can sometimes be a bit difficult for women with your body type (I know because I share your body type) so I would suggest a couple of options that may work well, or will at a minimum give you a starting point as you are out shopping.

A two piece dress with a fitted jacket (you want to show off your waist, so don't wear a flowy jacket) will work well.  Also, a wrap dress in the right fabric would be lovely on you.

I have included a couple of pictures that should give you some additional ideas as to what to look for.

Wear a neutral heel to help slim you and make you look taller.  If you want to see a few additional options, please visit my website www.mystylerules.com and put your information in.  It will give you a 3D body to try some things on.  You only get 3 for free, so I suggest you start at evening wear and look for the options I have suggested.

Good luck!  I am sure the wedding is going to be beautiful!
Suzette

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare