Fashion Tips/fashion tips for odd body

Hello!  I'm a 57 yo woman who weighs what my doctor says I should weigh for my size, 5'4" and 140 lbs. I usually take a petite size 12. One of the problems I have is that while I am not fat, I'm wide. I'm built like a book-- wide from side to side but average from front to back. It makes me look shorter and boxier. I can't wear heels because of bunions and Morton's neuroma.

Husband likes me in skirts for dressing up. Usually for everyday I just wear jeans and a sweater. What should I wear to minimize the "book-look" when dressing up?

I have a website called that allows you to create a 3D body of yourself, takes you to a dressing room and let's you virtually 'try on' clothes.  You will get tons of info about what to wear and what not to wear while seeing the clothes on your 'body'.

Let me know if this helps.  If not, I will send you some pics of options for your body type.

Good luck and have fun!

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare

I have a website called The site allows a woman to enter a few basic measurements and create a virtual (3D) model of their body. The purpose of the site is to give them visual information as to what is right and not right for their body type. I can answer any questions pertaining to body type, style, color analysis, and what is right for each body type.

I have been a costume designer for over 25 years. I am credited as a designer in over 150 shows, including film, gaming, and theater. As I grew in my craft, I discovered that I had an eye for what type of garment is good for the female body, how each body type looks different the same garment, and how easy it is to create 'rules' to follow to always look as pulled together as possible while maintaining an individual sense of style.

High school graduate Private classes in: Make-up, wig design, sewing, pattern making, cutting, millinery, design, rendering, and fabric enhancement.

Nominate seven times for the prestigious Carbonell Award in South Florida as best costume designer. Winner of one Carbonell Award.