Fashion Tips/Florida Bar Mitzvah attire - October

Question
QUESTION: We have never been to a bar mitzvah, and rarely visit Florida.  Can you advise what is appropriate attire for the services for women, including styles, colors and fabrications?

ANSWER: I have a couple of clarifying questions:

Is it daytime or evening?  
How old are the women you would like information for?  How many?

Thanks,
Suzette

QUESTION: The service is Saturday morning, followed by a luncheon.  This is where advice would be most helpful.

The evening party is cocktail attire, so that's clear (although finding a dress with sleeves, not so easy).

The two of us ladies are in our 50's, take great care of our hair and skin and are pretty trim, so no 'old lady' styles.]

Thanks for your help.

Blue Dress
Blue Dress  
Satin Dress
Satin Dress  
ANSWER: Thanks for the additional info.  
I would suggest you wear dresses that are a bit dressier than you might typically wear for daytime such as dresses with lace, satin, silky fabrics.
Take a good look at the dresses that Kate Middleton and Letizia Oritz wear.  They have great style and taste.  (I have attached a couple of photos, but this site has not been working with photos lately so I'm not sure you will be able to see them.)

Since it is Florida, you will want color.  Nothing black, white or red though.  Prints are fine if you like them.

I have a website called www.mystylerules.com that allows you to create a 3D body of yourself and gives you rules as to what looks best on your body type.  You can play 'dress-up' for a bit as you virtually try on clothes to see which styles might look best on your body type.  It may help also.

Hope this helps!  Let me know if I can serve you further,
Suzette

QUESTION: Very helpful.  You mention to avoid black, white and red.  Does that also eliminate prints with those colors?  Why avoid those colors? Thank you!

Answer
You can wear black, red or white in a patterned dress.  Sorry for the confusion.

Not solid black (because it is Florida and people wear lots of color in Florida), red and/or white (because they pull focus away from the young man and make too much of a dramatic statement for the daytime portion of the event.)  You can wear black or red (especially if they are sparkly) to the evening event.

I hope this helps!
Suzette

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare