Fashion Tips/Gown

Question
QUESTION: I am a 25 year old woman working in an event management organization. My job requires me to wear a formal gown on a regular basis. Do you have any ideas on what gowns I can wear comfortably for long periods? I have a preference for gowns with short trains extending behind me but I wonder if this is practical?

Short gown
Short gown  
Long gown
Long gown  
ANSWER: Thank you for your question.  I am so sorry for the delayed response!

Since you will be wearing these gowns to work, I would think that you would find a train a bit bothersome after a while.  I would tend to stay toward dresses that either hit a few inches above the floor or at your ankles.  If you opt for gowns at your ankles, please choose ones with a full skirt.  This can be a great look with some nice heels.  If heels are out, I would suggest the longer length.

As to gowns that you will be comfortable wearing for several hours, that is a personal choice, but I would stay away from strapless gowns.  They have a tendency to slide down and need too many constricting undergarments.

Gowns with everything built in will be your best option.  As to which gowns will look best on you, I have a website that gives you this information. Just enter your measurements and body type and create a 3D model of your body.  Go to 'Evening' and virtually 'try on' lots of options!  It's called www.mystylerules.com.  

I hope this helps,
Suzette

Long gown 1
Long gown 1  

Long gown 2
Long gown 2  
QUESTION: I forgot to mention my measurements last time. I am 5 feet 5 inches tall and my measurements are 38-31-43. I have large hips and wonder if the following style would suit me?

Answer
Since your hips are not that much larger than your bust, this style may work for you because the interest at the shoulders helps balance your hips.  If you look closely, it looks like this model has a body type that is close to yours.

Specifics for triangle body types are:
Styles that enhance your shoulders, neckline, and bust, such as halter tops, V-necks, sweetheart necklines, and cap sleeves.

Dresses are harder for triangles than any other body type.  They tend to look better in empire cut dresses or dresses with full skirts, but if you find a fitted dress that shows your curves and balances your body, go for it!  

I don't know if you went to my website, www.mystylerules.com, but if you do, you can get lots of tips about what to look for specifically when shopping and see what they look like in 3D.

If you need/want more info, please don't hesitate to ask,
Suzette  

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare