Fashion Tips/Plastic

How often is a clear plastic material used in fashion, where does one aquire this material, and how is it stitched together?

Clear plastic is not used very much in fashion because it is hard to wear.  It is stiff and doesn't breath.
That being said, you can get it at a marine supply store or upholstery fabric store.  It is easiest to stitch using an industrial sewing machine.  You simply overlap the fabric and stitch.  Do not try to create traditional seams that you would typically use when making garments.

To hide the seams, you can sew trim or glue beading on the seam line.  You cannot use a hot glue gun for this.  You must use the same glue that they use at the marine supply store or fabric store.

Hope this helps,

Fashion Tips

Suzette Pare

I have a website called The site allows a woman to enter a few basic measurements and create a virtual (3D) model of their body. The purpose of the site is to give them visual information as to what is right and not right for their body type. I can answer any questions pertaining to body type, style, color analysis, and what is right for each body type.

I have been a costume designer for over 25 years. I am credited as a designer in over 150 shows, including film, gaming, and theater. As I grew in my craft, I discovered that I had an eye for what type of garment is good for the female body, how each body type looks different the same garment, and how easy it is to create 'rules' to follow to always look as pulled together as possible while maintaining an individual sense of style.

High school graduate Private classes in: Make-up, wig design, sewing, pattern making, cutting, millinery, design, rendering, and fabric enhancement.

Nominate seven times for the prestigious Carbonell Award in South Florida as best costume designer. Winner of one Carbonell Award.