Fatherhood/Why would a 12 year old

Why would a 12 year old girl allow a man to legally adopt her, and be willing to live with him for the next six years? She knows that he will try very hard to be a very good father to her. She knows that he will not marry her mother, but would still be allowed to see her mother every day. The man that will adopt her makes it clear that she still has to see her mother every day.

It is impossible to answer this kind of question.  One would have to be able to read minds. You might as well ask a fortune teller as anyone. I would think that you would be intelligent enough to figure this out. You have shown me however that there are a lot of strange people out there.

Marcos Torres

I can answer many questions regarding child development, best practices in child care and the fathers role in his children's development.

10 years as a child protective services investigator, 10 years administrator of a residential nonprofit program for developmentally disabled adults and children, 2 years working with parents facilitating a parenting group of first time parents with my wife using the MELD curriculum in the early 80's. Co-wrote and Administered a fatherhood grant working with young fathers and incarcerated fathers. Ran a fatherhood program in a Texas State jail and was Director of Incarcerated Programs for the National Fatherhood Initiative for a year and a half. I also raised two children now 22 and 26 who have excelled academically which I believe is from our learning the best practices in child rearing from the start.

BA in Social work in 1980 from New Mexico State University