Fatherhood/How would you feel if you have

How would you feel if you have a daughter and her mother is preventing you from seeing her? Because your daughter is born in the Bahamas and will not visit the United States before child custody ends at 18, you cannot file for legal custody in legal United States courts. Your lawyer tells you that you have to file for legal custody in the Bahamas. The mother of your daughter says that she does want you to see your daughter, before child custody ends at 18. Your daughter is a United States citizen, because her mother is a US citizen.

It makes no difference what I feel.  I am not in that situation and there is no way anyone can know how someone else feels, even if they tell you.  The best way to avoid this kind of situation is to refrain from sex or wear protection.  If you wnat to have a child with someone, make sure you really know them and develop the most trusting relationship you can so if you do part, you already trust each other to be fair about relationships with your children.

Marcos Torres

I can answer many questions regarding child development, best practices in child care and the fathers role in his children's development.

10 years as a child protective services investigator, 10 years administrator of a residential nonprofit program for developmentally disabled adults and children, 2 years working with parents facilitating a parenting group of first time parents with my wife using the MELD curriculum in the early 80's. Co-wrote and Administered a fatherhood grant working with young fathers and incarcerated fathers. Ran a fatherhood program in a Texas State jail and was Director of Incarcerated Programs for the National Fatherhood Initiative for a year and a half. I also raised two children now 22 and 26 who have excelled academically which I believe is from our learning the best practices in child rearing from the start.

BA in Social work in 1980 from New Mexico State University