Female Masturbation/narrow stimulation

Question
QUESTION: Hi, ive noticed u answered a question abou this before and said it was dangerous to gett dependent on it. Im 18 and since i was little i would sit on bed posts,table corners anything and put intense pressure till i would orgasm. I had no idea what i was doing i just knew if would feel good. Now that ive done that for years i cannot orgasm without laying on my stomach on something creating imtense pressure on my clitorus. Im in a relationship and for three years i have just told him i vant orgasm. please help!!

ANSWER: In males, masturbating by thrusting the penis into or against something has been determined to be a dangerous practice.  Some authorities call it Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome, because it is a cause of sexual dysfunctions.  The same practice has also been noted to be a cause of sexual dysfunctions in females.   

Basically, females (and males) who masturbate with their hands have an easier time having orgasms in intercourse than those who rub or thrust against objects.  

I would advise you to take a week or two with no masturbation or intercourse at all and then work at having an orgasm using only your hands.  It will be fairly easy to do after two weeks with no sexual stimulation.  After you've gotten used to having orgasms by hand, you will have an easier time reaching orgasm in intercourse.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for the quick answer! sorryfor the follow up question, I should have explained a little further. I now use my hands it just only happens if i go on my stomach and apply pressure (buy making a fist). Ive gone months without doing it or having sex. ive tried just layinh on my back and doing normal clitoral stimulation and it feels good but nothing like the pulsing if i rolled over. I feel asif its a mind thing.

Answer
It is in your mind, but it is how your mind responds to clitoral stimulation.  Just relax and enjoy masturbating that way.  Do not be overly concerned about having an orgasm.  Just work at what feels good.  You can enjoy it without having an orgasm.  As you get more used to the feeling, you will find it easier to reach orgasm.  At that point, do not give up and use your fist, because that will undo the progress you have made.  You can do it.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.