Female Masturbation/dad question

Question
Hi, I'm just 13 and have a wierd problem. I have been properly masturbating to orgasm I guess now for about 6 months and have realised something.  I usually have to lie on my stomach and hump my hands while wearing jeans or jeans shorts, or sometimes in my panties.  When I was about 11 I would read to dad most nights and sometimes we would play a tickle game before lights out.  Sometimes I would like to lie on my stomach and see how still I could be while he tickled me.  He never touched my private area but sometimes when he gently tickled the backs of my thighs I felt a real sensation between my legs and an urges to touch myself, sometimes I slipped a hand under my front while he tickled and I pressed on my fingers which felt really nice, sometimes I squirmed and gently humped my hand or the duvet and got such a nice feeling-can you explain whats going on please?

Thanks

Answer
I advise very strongly against masturbating by lying on your stomach and thrusting (humping).  This is a cause of sexual dysfunctions in males that has been called Traumatic Masturbatory Syndrome.  There is some evidence that is causes problems in females too.  You can learn more at http://www.healthystrokes.com.

You are young and inexperienced and ought to be able to change easily.  Most females masturbate by using the gentle touch of their hands to stimulate the clitoris or the area around it.  

I don't approve of what your dad did, although it is a good thing he never touched your private area.  

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.