Female Masturbation/No more intense orgasms

Question
Hello I'm 18 years old and I have been masturbating for probably the past 5 years, I do if frequently probably twice a week. And the only way I can get an orgasm is by rubbing my clit with my fingers. When I first started to have orgasms they would be very intense and they would last long and feel amazing. But this past year I started to notice that they do not feel as good as they used to. When the muscles clench together they don't feel as strong as they used to be and its not that intense if you know what I mean. Please help me, is there anything I can do to fix it?

Answer
Most females masturbate by stimulating the clitoris with their fingers, so it is certainly not unusual that you do it that way.  Twice a week is an ordinary frequency.  There is more variation in female masturbatory frequency than male, especially at your age.  (Most men your age masturbate daily or more.)  

I suspect that what's happened in the past year is not that your masturbating is any less sufficient but that your life has gotten more filled with stress.  Sex is better when you can relax and enjoy it.  If you can take your time and not try to rush through the experience, you are apt to enjoy it more and have a more intense orgasm.  Lots of adult women like to take a hot bath before or while they masturbate.  Anything that relaxes you is good.  Please try some relaxation techniques and see if your orgasms get better.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.