Female Masturbation/Masturbate... Should I do it?

Question
Hi Pamela! My name is Aleisha and I do not know if I should masturbate or not. The truth is that nobody knows that I have thoughts of masturbation. You are the first person I asked! And plus I don't think that it's good to masturbate. But the more I think about it, the more I want to do it. Is that a good thing?

And it is surprising that I'm asking you this because I'm only 12 years old.
So I have 3 questions.

Is it a good thing to think about masturbation? I'm I age-appropriate? And if its a good thing to think about it and if I am age-appropriate, what do I do to make me feel good?
Thanks,
Aleisha:)(:

Answer
Masturbation is good for you.  It is normal, healthy, and fun.  It is very good that you want to masturbate.  Even if nobody knows you have thoughts of masturbation, people could guess because most girls your age have tried masturbating and probably close to half the girls your age are masturbating regularly.  

So it's good to think about masturbating, it's good to do it, and it's very appropriate for your age.  I suggest reading "A Young Woman's Guide to Masturbation" at http://www.healthystrokes.com/youngfem.html  

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.