Female Masturbation/How often is normal?

Question
Hi-

I am a 34yo divorced single mom. I don't really get time to date, because of work and my daughter, and I was wondering if you happen to know the normal amount of times a week someone my age masturbates?

Hope this isn't an odd question, I just want to make sure I am somewhat normal, haha :)

Answer
Hi Angie,

Thank you for your question.

Ha! :)  No your question is not odd. There is no real "normal" amount of time that a woman your age masturbates. I imagine you still have a very healthy libido, so even once a day would not be too much.  Or once a week, once a month.  It really depends on how often you want it.

Masturbation is a great way to relieve stress, and as a single Mom, you probably have lots of that. So I wouldn't worry about doing it too much.

On average, women in their 30s likely masturbate as often as every day (even several times a day), to once a week, depending on how much time they have.  It would also depend on many other factors as well, including how much partner sex they were getting, if they felt any shame from masturbating, their health, how much sleep they get, their libido and sexual needs, stress levels and many other factors.  So some women, may only masturbate as much as once a month.  It really just depends on their circumstances.

So, there really isn't a normal amount. We are all individuals, and everyone has different needs.  The amount of time you spend masturbating is what is normal for you, and it is perfectly okay.

Masturbation is very healthy for you as well.  Both for body and mind.
Here is an article I wrote on the benefits of masturbation:
http://www.sextoy.com/blog/top-lists/10-reasons-masturbate-good-health/

I hope this answered your question. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and Happy New Year!
& Happy Masturbating :)

Domina

Female Masturbation

Domina