Female Masturbation/masturbaion and sex

Question
"Hi, thank you for what you do. I don't really have anyone I feel I can go to with this and its very kind of you to avail your time to people like me and others. Here goes.. I'm 20 and I got married recently to my high scholl best friend, also 20 ( we are both observant jews, 20 is not insanely young for religous jews, we where both virgins as well, also common, expected actually, for our background) she ia beautiful, sweet, and gas a very strong sex drive.  We've been having some issues. I'm very embarrased to say that masturbation is still a problem for me, and it led to an inabilaty on my part to meet my wife's sex drive and she was very hurt(who can blame her)  I felt awful and I have obstainef from masturbating which is very hard,  but in the past 3 days, I couldn't get it up during sex. Im extremely embarrased and my wife I can tell is very hurt. ( and horny, and we want to have a baby) do u have any advice? Im sorry this was so long. I don't think I was satisfying her enough before but now im definatly not."

Answer
Hi Stephen,
"Female Masturbation" is probably not the best suited category for this type of question, but I'll do my best.
My best guess is that you are having these troubles because you are nervous and focusing so much on not letting her down. You will have to limit your masturbation if you want to have sex with your wife regularly, but I doubt that you would need to completely stop. It's normal for a married couple to still masturbate when their partner is not available for sex. Try to talk to her and let her know that sex will get better as time goes on, and that you can't help but get nervous and distracted. In the meantime, don't try so hard to have a baby, instead make love when you both feel you want to. Forcing yourselves to try and get pregnant takes the romance out of sex and distracts you too, and anytime one of you is forcing sex it doubles your chances of having trouble. When you have trouble with erections, try being there for her; masturbating her, oral sex, holding her while she masturbates. You will find that you can still be a close couple while she fulfills her sex drive. This will take some of the pressure off of you and over time you'll perform better.
If you are still having trouble after a month or two I'd suggest seeing a doctor to check your testosterone levels and possibly get a prescription for some E.D. medication.
Good luck!
-Heather

Female Masturbation

Heather Smith