Female Masturbation/masturbation and sex

Question
Hey, thanks for all the helping you do. I am not the type who seeks advice much but here goes.My wife and I where very recently married, we where best friends forever.  We are twenty, which is not that rare for our religous background ( observant jews). I love my wife and im very attracted too her, we where both virgins before our marriage( this is expected of observant Jews)But we have kissed etc. So I like sex a lot. But I find myself still masturbating, and then im less in tge mood and cant perform until ive had a night's recovory. Then she feels rejected and it break s my heart. Why do I still jack off? Is something wrong with me? Also I don't seem to fully satisfy her. Even  though I usually make her come ( I try very hard). She wont say anything butb I can tell. What can I do? Sorry for the essay. ( I have been rec omended looking into mutual masturbation and toys, do u think those are good ideas?

Answer
Nearly all men (and women) continue to masturbate after getting married, but most do it in such a way that it doesn't interfere with their sex lives.  In your case, you are masturbating when you know you're going to be asked for sex in the next 24 hours, and the masturbating is interfering.  I think in your specific situation, it would be a good idea to only masturbate when you know you're not going to be having sex in the next 48 hours (for example, if your wife is out of town or if she doesn't have sex while she's menstruating).  After you get more accustomed to sexual intercourse, you can reduce the interval.  It might even be a good idea to swear off masturbating until you've been married and having intercourse successfully a while.

It's not unusual for females who are new to sex to have trouble reaching orgasm in intercourse.  It can help if you bring her to orgasm manually or orally before having vaginal intercourse.

Mutual masturbation or manual intercourse might help you a lot, but I would hold off on toys for now.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.