Female Masturbation/Daughter masturbating

Question
I am a 61 year old father of a 13 year old daughter. I was 48 and my wife was 38 when we were married. Due to me being a workaholic we were divorced when my daughter 5. My ex passed away 3years ago so my daughter came to live with me. I caught her masturbating when she was 10. She knew I saw her, she asked me was I mad. I told it was normal, healthy and it feels good. Right then I became someone she could talk to about anything. I used Healthy Stroke for a bunch of information. My questions are she wants a vibrator, I said no way, then she asked could she have a dildo, since she had been using a hair brush handle. She wanted to know if it was wrong for her to masturbate in front of her best female friend no touching just watching, lastly she wants to shave what little pubic hair she has, she thinks it is gross. My late wife and the woman I am dating and myself are and were clean shaven my lady friend said yes go for it. What are your ideas on my questions.          Thanks for any feedback,

H. Buchanan

Answer
Those things have all been addressed on http://www.healthystrokes.com over the years.  Maybe you should show it to your daughter so she can read it herself.  You already told her the most important thing -- that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun.  

I discourage use of vibrators and dildos in girls as young as your daughter.  It is better if she uses her hands.  If you get her a vibrator, make it a small, cheap, battery-powered one.

Friends don't masturbate in front of friends.  That is being sexual.  If she wants to shave, then there is no problem with it.  If she doesn't like being shaven, she can let it grow back.

The only thing that made me uncomfortable in your message is that you know how much pubic hair she has.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.