Female Masturbation/masturbating

Question
I have been masturbating for a few months now and I have been doing it by doing some gentle touching around my clitoris.  I have heard of girls who masturbate by stickink things into their vagina at the same time but I wonder if it is harmful to them or if doing it that way will make it feel better.

Answer
Most females start masturbating by rubbing the clitoris or the area around it.  Masturbating is normal, healthy, and fun.  Most females later try inserting fingers or objects into the vagina to increase their sexual pleasure.  Most of them like it, but a few don't.  It generally takes longer to get used to than clitoral masturbation.  Masturbating internally (vaginally) is not harmful.  You might like it very much or you might decide you like the way you're doing it just fine.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.