Female Masturbation/daughter

Hi, my 12 year old daughter is definately masturbating as I have seen her a few times.  She likes to play on the park down the road from my house and has taken to liking the swing thing with her friend, it's like a huge letter A that spins in the middle with a seat on the end of each leg.  The seats are quite narrow and I see lots of girls riding it and squirming about, my daughter and her friend squirm and kind of hump along the seat, are they masturbating on it??

Hi Gene

That is very common for young girls to do. Most of the time they don't know what they are doing, they just know it feels good. I don't think it is masturbating, because girls, especially that age, would do that in private. What you are seeing is the effects of something feeling good. If you want to talk to her about it, that would be OK. In time, and probably not that much longer, she will stop doing that in the park.

Female Masturbation

Angie B..

I can answer any questions related to female masturbation. I have had a psychology practice in the state of Florida for the past ten years. I deal with, but not exclusively, females who have or are dealing with many types of sexual changes. There are NO questions that are wrong to ask about masturbation. I take every questions seriously, and will help you in anyway I can. Please feel free to ask anything, and know you will get my best advice and judgment. I have included a photo of myself on my profile. This is so you can see who you are talking to. :)

As previous stated, I have practiced over ten year in helping teen and adults overcome numerous sexual anxiety, questions about masturbation, and sexual desires --- all of which were done on a clinic level.

I have a Maser's Degree in Human Sexuality from the University of Miami. I also have a Master's Degree in Psychology from the Florida State University.

Because of the sensitivity of the issue, I would never release names of pasts clients.