Female Masturbation/Is this OK?

Question
Well it's kind of a twofer. Number one, I am 19 but I've never dated and I live at home, and I've um...never had a sex Ed class, so I know nothing. Is it really ok to masturbate? I live in a very Christian home and my parents always heavily discouraged it. Even now, I'm a grown adult and I'm terrified to try and get a vibrator, i feel like its wrong, but I've done it anyway, and it feels really good, so I don't know :/. . Second thing is, is it ok to use a sharpie? I used a really old dried out on and didnt use the end with the cap, I cleaned it first and after, so is that ok, or am I going to get some sharpie std or somthing? I'm sorry I'm so ignorant in this topic, no one has ever talked about this kind of thing with me.

Answer
Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun.  Most women your age do it, even Christians.  It is better if you use your hands instead of a vibrator or Sharpie.  A Sharpie will do no harm.  You were right to clean it before and after.  You can learn more about Christian perspectives on masturbation here: http://www.healthystrokes.com/christian.html

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.