Female Masturbation/Masturbation and urinating when doing it

Question
Hi I'm Jamilah and I'm 18 I have been actively masturbating from when I was 13, I'm easily turned on and I masturbate at least 4 times a week, I've noticed for some time that it's become increasingly hard for me to hold my pee when I masturbate, i tend to go to the toilet before I do, sometimes I don't and when I don't I make a really huge mess cause I can't control it at all now, it just gushes out, I know it's pee cause I've smelt and tasted it, it happens a lot more when I stimulate my clitoris, and it worries me that even when I do use the toilet I find that I still pee and I don't know what to do about it, it'll be really embarrassing if I was with a guy and pee each time I orgasm cause I get multiple orgasms, or have to leave in the middle of sex to go use the bathroom if I manage to hold it in and the pee does smell quite different from when I pee normally, it's clearly a different smell, sometimes I'm able to squirt with just a little amount of urine getting in the way, but that's only sometimes, I don't know if I should increase my water intake, I probably should or I just have a weak bladder, I really don't know what to do but I'm hoping you can help me. Please and thank you for your time.

Answer
Your situation is not an unusual one for either males or females.  Lots of people worry that they will lose urine when they masturbate, and many more find having a full bladder makes masturbating uncomfortable.  Either way, all you have to do is urinate ahead of time and you don't need to worry.  

Some women also release urine when they have an orgasm.  Their male partners tend not to complain about this.  Women in this situation tend to place a towel under them so they don't have to worry as much.

Kegel exercises can help you strengthen your PC muscle, that controls urinary flow and is important for orgasm.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.