Female Masturbation/orgasm

Question
Hi I am a little embarrassed to be asking about this but I wasn't sure where else to turn. I actually have a few questions...one is, is it normal for a female to not orgasm while having inter course with a man? Also are your chances higher for pregnancy if you do orgasm because the uterus dips into the sperm when an orgasm is achieved after the guy ejaculates? Or does it not really matter? (We are currently TTC)

I'm also curious to know how many times a day is the "norm" for a female to masturbate? I'm 23 years old and my husband and i don't have sex like all month so I think its time to fly solo sometimes.

What techniques could be used to achieve orgasm? I have trouble getting there even though it feels good what I am doing. Usually I just rub my clit with one finger in circles. I've never tried putting fingers inside, would that help with orgasm? Also would using lubrication like ky make the clit stimulation a nicer sensation? Also how do you know if you're wet enough?  Is there anything else I can do to achieve orgasm? I have a small vibrating bullet but im not sure what kinds of things i could do with it. Any opinions would be so helpful!

Answer
Hi Denee

Please don't be embarrassed about anything you ask. That is what we are here for. We don't judge, and it's my pleasure to share my knowledge.

For your first question: Yes, it is VERY normal not to orgasm when having intercourse. Most women cannot have a vaginal orgasm; what I mean, and orgasm without some sort of clitoris (clit) stimulation. So during intercourse, unless you are rubbing your clit or it is being stimulated in some other way, it's very difficult.

The answer to the other part of your question is no, having an orgasm doesn't help someone get pregnant. This is a fun little article about the history of that, and a great TED video. If you have time, you should watch it :) http://infertility.about.com/b/2012/07/17/can-female-orgasm-help-you-get-pregnan

It's really hard to say what is normal when it comes to the number of times someone masturbates. I will say, from what people have told me, it's about 2 times a week. Now some people masturbate at a much higher rate, some lower. But 2 times a week is about the norm.

I would say that if you don't think you are wet enough, you KY when you masturbate. Unless you are allergic to it (please check the label), KY can make masturbation more fun. It's really about confort. The same goes with using your fingers. I would suggest that you rub your clit an finger yourself at the same time. For one, it will be a new sensation .. which is always good. I would try to use your bullets. What you do is just put it on your clit. You can move it around/up/down/side to side .. it all depends what feels good for you. Maybe even finger yourself at the same time as you use the bullet. For most women, the bullet or any vibrating device make having an orgasm much easier.

I hope I answered everything. If I missed something, please let me know. If you have a question about ANYTHING, please feel free to send me another email :)

Angie  

Female Masturbation

Angie B..