Female Masturbation/What type of orgasm am I having and are there any vibrators that will produce the same effect

Question
I can only achieve orgasm by rubbing against something.(probably sounds a bit weird!) Normal penetration, manual(even very firmly) or oral stimulation has never worked for me(enjoyable but doesn't make me cum). I have generally incorporated my way into sex by either rubbing against my boyfriends penis externally or having him inside me and rubbing against him this way. I have tried using vibrators but they just don't do very much. The rubbing gives the full body tremoring result and I wonder if there are any vibrators/toys designed for a woman to rub against.My boyfriend and I would like to have some fun with a toy, but previous experience has just been going through the motions and I am too old to do the whole faking it bit lol. Can you help please? Many thanks

Answer
I recommend highly against masturbating by rubbing against something.  Lying face down and thrusting the genitals into or against something is called prone masturbation.  It is a demonstrated cause of sexual dysfunction in males, and there is evidence that it is a problem for females too.  As you point out, you can't reach orgasm any other way.

I would recommend taking a week or two off from sexual stimulation of any kind and then learning to masturbate using only your hands, like most women do.  This page tells males how to do it; the suggestions would work for you too: http://www.healthystrokes.com.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.