Female Masturbation/Worried about too much

Hi Ashley, I just wanted to ask if its normal to want or need to masturbate several times a day.  I'm 15 and was out with some friends for halloween and I guess dressing up and being silly with all my friends got me in a very hot mood and I ended up masturbating almost all that night and 3 or 4 times the next couple of days.  Before this weekend I usually would do it just once a day, or maybe a couple of times a day but I think I probably did it like a dozen times in just a couple of days.  Nothings wrong but its made me feel a lot more horny lately. Did I do something that might have made my hormones go out of control or something? Should I take a few days and not do anything so that I can go back to normal?

Hi Hannah!
Sorry it's been a few days since you asked your question.
What you experienced is perfectly normal and happened to all of us, trust me!
It's definitely exciting to get dressed up and head out on the town in clothes that maybe were a little skimpier then normal or at least different!
Our sexual moods go in phases just like most things, and when things come together at the right time it can put us into a phase of being very horny for a few days or even longer!
There's no need to stop or slow down, you're simply satisfying a craving like you would by eating when you're hungry.
There's no such thing as normal when it comes to masturbation or sexual urges so just ride it out and enjoy it! I bet some of your friends felt the same way too ;)

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan

I will do my best to answer your questions about female masturbation, including what healthy masturbation is or how it can become unhealthy, when you should consider masturbating with others and when that may cross the line to sex, and how to handle masturbation in your family whether it's your parents, siblings or children

I am a Master's Student in Developmental Psychology and have focused most of my classes and research on healthy sexual development. I have helped younger siblings, friends, cousins and now my pre-teen daughter embrace masturbation and safe sexuality in a healthy and vibrant way.

Church organizations, a counseling/soup kitchen volunteer organization and several teen puberty forums where I hope to offer advice

Class-specific college writing on Developmental and Sexual health

B.A. in Psychology at an Indiana University. One year of Masters classes.

Dean's list, 8 semesters.

Family (siblings and my daughter), friends, cousins, and those I've met online