Female Masturbation/masturation while getting older

Question

I am 73, and I still masturbate a lot. I used to masturbate a lot when I was a teenager and in my twenties, and early thirties, and then it slowed down, which I understand is normal, but even through my fourties and fifties, I masturbated at least two or three times a week. I thought when I'd turn sixty I'd lose some interest, and masturbate a lot less. But that didn't happen, and then I told myself that I'd lose interest when I'm seventy, but actually, I'm masturbating more now than I was when I was sixty, and that's because I retired two years ago, and just have so much more time than before. Sometimes, I'm masturbating twice a day. I'm not complaining about it, it's actually fun, I just wonder if it's normal. Do other 70ish aged people masturbate a lot still? How old are people normally when they stop doing it regularly?

Answer
Hi Betty!
Thanks for your question. I'm afraid I'm not an expert on later-life masturbation, nor is there a whole lot of research about this. I can tell you from my experience that everyone is different, and it's quite normal for masturbation to fluctuate throughout life. It doesn't *always* continue down a slope of less and less frequently. In fact I'm wondering if retirement and less physical activities combing with a less active social and work life wouldn't have something to do with an increase in masturbation. I would wager that you'd find an increase in people your age as your lifestyles change and shift. I think it is perfectly normal, and you should enjoy yourself. I hope I've helped!
Love,
Ashley

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan