Female Masturbation/strange way to masturbate?

Question
I am a 14 year old girl.

I was around three years old when I noticed in a swimming pool change room where they have those showers, that if I was facing the shower, the water falling down onto my tummy (more specifically my belly button) felt good. Then I noticed that if it was falling onto my vulva area that it felt good. I started really enjoying swimming and looking forward to swimming ... just to be able to stand in front of those showers even for just a couple minutes. I was too small to be allowed any showers at home.

Eventually, I also discovered the pool jets, probably when I was four. If there was one close to the stairs of the shallow end, and if my feet could touch the floor bottom, I'd be allowed to stay in that area by myself. If there were pool jets there, I'd lean, crouch, or stand in such a way that the jet water would be spraying onto my vulva area and it would feel good. I had my first orgasm doing this.

When I was five, I figured out how to sort of simulate this at home, but it wasn't the same, and didn't feel nearly as good. I took empty shampoo bottles, filled them up with water when taking a bath, and lay on my tummy emptying the bottle over my vulva area, then I'd refill the bottle and do it over and over. My mom saw me sometimes, and wouldn't say anything but she'd take the bottle away before my next bath.

When I was 8 or 9, and could start taking showers everyday by myself, I was able to now do what I enjoyed doing at swimming pool showers. And I could get better and better at it, by learning different things like controlling the flow and direction of it and stuff, and become more efficient. But I was and still am to this day restrained regarding this masturbation, because there is only so much water I am allowed to use and only so many showers I am allowed to take in one day before getting all this attention from my parents about it.

I found out that what I was doing is called masturbation a couple of years ago, and that most girls use their hands and fingers to do this. I've tried, and yes it feels good, but not nearly as good as a shower over that area does to me.

Is it normal for a girl to prefer masturbating this way over using fingers and hands?

And what can I do about this? Will I ever be able to adjust to normal masturbation, as I'm often feeling frustrated, unable to have enough time to shower as that's how I wash myself, and then I don't have enough time really to masturbate to orgasm. My parents are concerned about me using too much water. I don't know if they know I'm masturbating and if they think I am, maybe that is also their concern?? But I know they are concerned about my water usage, and I don't know what to do, as not getting to use as much as I like, leaves me feeling frustrated sometimes.

Answer
Hi Laura!
Quite a predicament you're in. Every young lady needs time and privacy every day to make her body feel good and relieve tension.
To answer your main question, you're not strange or weird. A LOT of young girls learn how to masturbate by using water, especially pool jets or the faucet in the tub ;)
I can't tell you for sure that using your hands will ever feel as good as the faucet, but certainly there is a lot of incentive to get some practice with your fingers, since you can't spend that much time in the shower.
My advice is to use that time you have alone in your room to practice. It won't feel as good as the shower for a long time, but it *will* feel good... and as you get more practice and learn what your body likes... it will start to feel better and better. As you learn how to touch yourself and make your clit feel like the water makes it feel, you'll begin to be able to orgasm, make yourself quite wet, and even enjoy fingering and internal stimulation.
The more you do it the better you'll get at it.. so take advantage of the time that you can't be in the shower anyways, and work that clity!
Have fun and keep in touch!
Love,
Ashley

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan