Female Masturbation/Am I a bad person?

I am 13 and recently been getting wet and having those urges. Today I touched myself for the first time and feel like a bad person. I've been reading through these QandAs but still think I need a personal answer. Am I really a bad person? I mean, I'm Catholic and strong in faith. I just wanna know.

Hi Lauren!
So good to hear you've joined all of us girls and women that masturbate. Of course you're not a bad person! Most people masturbate, and many do it a lot!! I know I do, lol. I didn't think the catholic religion was that hard on masturbation, but maybe they are. Regardless, it's as natural as eating and sleeping. You said it yourself, you are getting wet. Your body is craving sexual release and life is to short to feel guilty for feeling pleasure. What is it exactly you feel guilty about, the action or the thoughts you have while you touch yourself? Did you have an orgasm the other night?
Love, Ashley

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan

I will do my best to answer your questions about female masturbation, including what healthy masturbation is or how it can become unhealthy, when you should consider masturbating with others and when that may cross the line to sex, and how to handle masturbation in your family whether it's your parents, siblings or children

I am a Master's Student in Developmental Psychology and have focused most of my classes and research on healthy sexual development. I have helped younger siblings, friends, cousins and now my pre-teen daughter embrace masturbation and safe sexuality in a healthy and vibrant way.

Church organizations, a counseling/soup kitchen volunteer organization and several teen puberty forums where I hope to offer advice

Class-specific college writing on Developmental and Sexual health

B.A. in Psychology at an Indiana University. One year of Masters classes.

Dean's list, 8 semesters.

Family (siblings and my daughter), friends, cousins, and those I've met online