Female Masturbation/Masturbation

QUESTION: I don't totally know how to ask. I'm a 12 year old girl. I have masturbated in the bath/shower before using the water to make me orgasm. Also a little bit other ways like putting a pillow between my legs and moving. I recently started trying to use my fingers but every time when I get close my hands almost freeze up and I can't finish. I loose my orgasm and am usually left sore and tingly. Is something wrong?

ANSWER: Hi Fiona!
Nothing is wrong with you! We all have different ways of doing it, and each girl feels best masturbating a little differently then each other. You could be just getting too tired by the end, or just not sure how to push yourself over, but either way I recommend keep practicing, and don't be afraid to continue to use the bath and pillow to make yourself feel best! Have you masturbated with anyone else yet?

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply! I really feel better already knowing it is something normal :) I wanted to ask about masturbating with someone else. I don't have a sister or a mom, just two brothers and a dad. Do you mean like a friend?
Thank you, Fiona :)

Hi again Fiona!
Yes a good friend can be great to have fun and experiment with. I have talked to a few young girls who have masturbated with their brothers as well, that can be a whole different level of excitement, but also a little risky too.
If you have a good girl friend that you are close to you should make a joke about masturbation and see how she reacts to figure out if she does it too!

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan

I will do my best to answer your questions about female masturbation, including what healthy masturbation is or how it can become unhealthy, when you should consider masturbating with others and when that may cross the line to sex, and how to handle masturbation in your family whether it's your parents, siblings or children

I am a Master's Student in Developmental Psychology and have focused most of my classes and research on healthy sexual development. I have helped younger siblings, friends, cousins and now my pre-teen daughter embrace masturbation and safe sexuality in a healthy and vibrant way.

Church organizations, a counseling/soup kitchen volunteer organization and several teen puberty forums where I hope to offer advice

Class-specific college writing on Developmental and Sexual health

B.A. in Psychology at an Indiana University. One year of Masters classes.

Dean's list, 8 semesters.

Family (siblings and my daughter), friends, cousins, and those I've met online