Female Masturbation/masturbation

Sometimes, when I have a headache, or some other physical pain, I seem to feel some relief from it by masturbating. It seems to help, even for headaches. Do you find that to be the case with others as well? I've heard others suggest that it wouldn't be able to help with things like headaches, but for me it often does with some of them.

Hi Emily!
Just like a drug or pain medications, masturbating and orgasm releases serotonin and other chemicals in your brain and body which is why it feels so darn good, and of course those chemicals help suppress any pain you might be feeling anywhere in your body. It's a great, natural way to help relieve pain, or even just pass the time, hehe. Have fun!

Female Masturbation

Ashley Morgan

I will do my best to answer your questions about female masturbation, including what healthy masturbation is or how it can become unhealthy, when you should consider masturbating with others and when that may cross the line to sex, and how to handle masturbation in your family whether it's your parents, siblings or children

I am a Master's Student in Developmental Psychology and have focused most of my classes and research on healthy sexual development. I have helped younger siblings, friends, cousins and now my pre-teen daughter embrace masturbation and safe sexuality in a healthy and vibrant way.

Church organizations, a counseling/soup kitchen volunteer organization and several teen puberty forums where I hope to offer advice

Class-specific college writing on Developmental and Sexual health

B.A. in Psychology at an Indiana University. One year of Masters classes.

Dean's list, 8 semesters.

Family (siblings and my daughter), friends, cousins, and those I've met online