Female Masturbation/vibrator fatigue

Question
"hello, i have a vibrator that i use quite often, but i am concerned because i use it to the most intense vibration and i worry that maybe it might kill my clitoris. i feel like i can only masturbate using this toy and feel intense pleasure with it. i have never felt the "g-spot" orgasm because I've never had sex, so the most intense orgasm I've had is clitoral. however, i feel like i have to be a bit rough on my clitoris to feel pleasure. sometimes it takes me forever to reach the climax. does this intense vibration hurt my clitoris? can it lose its sensitivity? i feel like i can never stimulate my clitoris with just my fingers. I've tried. if i don't use my vibrator, i have to lay on the carpet and rub my clitoris by moving my pelvis area side to side a bit roughly to masturbate , but it is not as intense as when i use my vibrator and it feels like a different type of orgasm. is this abnormal? also, i don't seem to get wet at all, I'm a bit concerned about this because i am only 21 years old and i feel a bit dry. all my friends say they get really wet. I'm scared that this might be abnormal and am thinking about seeking medical attention and have a doctor look at it but i want to get some advice from an anonymous online source first before i expose my genitals. (I'm shy) i

Answer
I doubt there is anything physically wrong with your clitoris that a doctor would be able to detect.

Many females find that they have trouble reaching orgasm without a vibrator after years of using one.  It's sometimes called "vibrator fatigue."  I recommend learning to masturbate without the vibrator.  Especially don't rub yourself against the carpet.  Prone masturbation is a cause of sexual dysfunctions in males and there's some evidence that it is bad for females too.  

I recommend taking a week or two off from masturbating and then doing it using only your hands.  This page is written for males doing essentially the same thing, but the same principle will work for women too: http://www.healthystrokes.com.  You will greatly enjoy masturbating by hand once you get it down.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.