Female Masturbation/pain during masturbation

Question
Hi Ashley,
About a month and a half ago I was masturbating a lot and I experienced this awful pain near my clitoris. I keep trying again to see if it will stop hurting but every time the pain is still there. I tried masturbating a few weeks ago and I noticed that I bled afterwards and I had sharp pains for the rest of the day and the next day. I decided to stop masturbating for now but even when I get turned on and I'm not touching it at all it hurts so bad. I don't know what to do.

Answer
I'm not Ashley but I will answer anyway.

I suggest you see a doctor about this.  Your regular doctor might refer you to a gynecologist, who knows more about these types of pains.  Or your doctor might have a solution ready for you to try.

I agree that you should not masturbate until it stops hurting.  Maybe this would be a good time to learn to masturbate internally (inserting fingers or objects into your vagina).

To learn more, see http://www.healthystrokes.com/female.html.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.