Female Masturbation/Continued spasms after orgasm

Question
Hi there! So I was just curious about this- after I masturbate with a vibrator, very often after I orgasm the muscles directly around my clitoris continue to spasm for quite a while. The orgasm itself usually consists of a series of strong contractions that center around my clitoris without much to do with the vagina itself, and I can continually have one after another for as long as I can stand the ever-increasing level of sensitivity. So the usual order of operation is: several strong contractions 1-2 seconds apart over the course of 1-5 minutes (depending on sensitivity level or interest) while the vibrator is in use, and then when I discontinue the use of the vibrator the contractions continue at much the same rate but with a lesser intensity for essentially as long as I stay laying in the same position. Moving around is usually what dissipates them. So I suppose my question is: are these smaller contractions also individual orgasms? Am I essentially really just having one prolonged orgasm with many contractions? I tried to do some internet research but I couldn't seem to find mich about this particular subject.

Thanks for your time!

Answer
Those spasms might be good.  An orgasm need not be confined to your genitals.  A really good one spreads out and is felt throughout the body.    

However, they might also be a sign of fatigue from using the vibrator too much.  If you can't orgasm by hand, that's a bad sign.  If you can orgasm by hand and don't have the small spasms after a hand orgasm, then I would attribute them to the vibrator.  

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.