Female Masturbation/hello

Question
hello, thank you for taking your time to answer my question. i have had some doubts about some things and i decided to ask an expert. so me and my friends talk about sex a lot, and during conversation, we came into the subject of "getting wet." my friend says she gets really wet and i thought about it and i don't get that wet. is there a lack of something in my body? because i find i don't really get that wet, even when i masturbate.
i have a vibrator that i use to masturbate but i actually stopped using it because i felt that it would decrease my sensitivity from my clit. i haven't used it in about 3 months. can i regain more sensitivity on my clit? i feel that in order to masturbate i have to rub my clit really hard against the carpet, while other people just use their hands. I'm a little concerned about this.
are there any other ways for a female to masturbate, any other creative ways maybe? i am 22 years old, if that helps. i just feel like i might also have to rely on lube but i feel like I'm too young to use lube. anyways, thanks again for you help, and i hope to hear from you soon!

Answer
The usual way to get wet is to find something that turns you on, like your partner's touch or your partner's voice, or even your own touch, or something non-personal, like photos or videos, music, scents like candles.  Whatever works for you.  It might be a matter of taking more time to get ready to masturbate than you're doing now.  

It would be worth trying a little touch of lube if that could help you get aroused by touching yourself in a way that would make more sense for you.

I advise against masturbating prone.  Masturbating prone is a proven cause of sexual dysfunctions in males and there is evidence that it is also bad for females.  See more at http://www.healthystrokes.com.

Female Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.