Ferns/Fern identification

Question
What is the name of the fern that is much like the Boston fern, but is somewhat larger.  I think it begins with 'euro'.
Thank you very much.

Answer
Philip hi;

The largest commercially available sword fern is named "Macho."  It is of the same genus as the Boston fern ("Nephrolepis") but has a distinctly dissimilar appearance (it is coarse, wide, dark, and substantially larger).

Among the true Boston ferns, there are numerous named selections that have a larger, more trailing habit.  Among those, you can indeed find one named "Euro" but also "Massaii", "Super Boston", and "Super Bingo".

Generally, in the trade, all selections are simply sold as Boston ferns and neither retailers nor growers tend to identify the individually named ones.

I hope I answered the question to your satisfaction; please let me know if I can offer further assistance.

DC  

Ferns

Dan Carmi