Ferns/Scale

Question
I have discovered scale on my staghorn, what can I do to get rid of it ?

Thank you

Answer
Marylin hi;

I would suggest spraying all affected areas with a solution of 1 part dish detergent to 4 parts water.  

The dead scale are not expected to fall off, but after a couple of days you may wipe them off  with a wet rag or even peel them with your fingernail.

This will not prevent future infestations but you would probably not need to repeat for another year or so.

If your problem is not solved,I may be able to recommend some over-the-counter insecticides but these should only be used as a last resort.

Thanks for your question!

DC

Ferns

Dan Carmi