Ferns/HORT TALSTAR - merit

using 95.40 gallons of this stuff would it kill or burn your bushes

Bonnie hi.

My field of expertise is ferns, not pesticides.

Generally, I could not imagine any setting where it would be wise or advised to use the type of quantities that you mention.  These are dangerous materials with plenty of potential adverse effects on humans, wildlife, and the environment as a whole.

In commercial applications, one would use 100 gallons of diluted pesticide, which would mean (depending in the label and actual pesticide), maybe 1 quart of actual pesticide mixed in 100 gallons of water.  Perhaps that is what you mean?

In any case, your primary source for information about pesticides should be the manufacturer label.  If that does not satisfy your needs, they should all have customer information numbers, specifically to answer toxicity-related concerns.

I hope I have answered your question.

Dan Carmi

I can answer all types of questions regarding ferns: their physiology, life cycle, taxonomy, culture (for both the professional and hobbyist), home and garden application and care, site suitability, and more. I can also answer questions in the fields of greenhouse production, foliage plants, and houseplant care, along with questions in the general field of ornamental horticulture. I may be able to identify fern and foliage plants by photo, but I am unlikely to be able to do it by description (though I will never turn down a challenge). I am not an expert in crop, field, and agronomic production. I am not an expert on annuals, perennials, tree & shrub crops.

I am a horticulturist with a formal education and twelve years experience in commercial fern and tropical foliage production. I also served as Adjunct Professor of Horticulture at Florida Southern College.

Florida's Nursery Growers and Landscape Association: current member and Action Chapter Board Member 2006-2008.

I have a BSc in Environmental Horticulture / Business from Florida Southern College, specializing in Greenhouse Management and Production.

FNGLA Action Chapter President's Award 2006-2007, numerous academic awards 2001-2005.

Through my place of employment, I serve hundreds of commercial growers across the country and beyond.