Ferns/Leaves are curling at the ends

Question
We have a number of large staghorns and recently two of them have been looking poorly and the ends of their leaves are curling, reminds me of curly leaf in fruit trees. Do you have a cure suggestion for me. Much appreaciated

Answer
Jenifer hi;

I appreciate the question and will do my best to help.

Unfortunately, there are several possible causes for this condition, including potential drought or salinity stress, insect damage, or even herbicide drift from nearby applications.  Generally, I do not expect this to be disease-caused, so it should be fairly treatable.

To get I better idea, I would need to see photos of the plant and the problem.  Ideally, I would need to see one of the whole plant in its surroundings, one of the entire leaf, and one close by under or over the leaf, especially if it appears to have hard or furry white spots or bumps.  It would also help if you could tell me more about the plants general setting in terms of sun, water, proximity to the ocean, frequency of fertilization, etc - any and all relevant variables which would help me assess the problem.

If you are not able to upload photos, please try to provide me a more detailed description of the problem and any conditions which may have contributed to it, and check under the leaves for the bumps or spots that I mentioned.  

I look forward to following up and providing you with a more detailed diagnosis.  At this point, all I can do is speculate.

Thanks again;

DC

Ferns

Dan Carmi